Since the beginning of December, churches across the country have been allowed to reopen, subject to restrictions to ensure the safety of those who come to worship.
Both Corpus Christi and Our Lady’s churches are now open for the public celebration of Holy Mass.
The regular times for Sunday Mass currently are:
- Saturday 5.30 p.m. (Our Lady's)
- Sunday 8.45 a.m. (Corpus Christi)
- Sunday 10.30 a.m. (Our Lady's)
For times of Holy Mass and other services please see the weekly newsletter.
- People must provide face coverings which must be worn. (We can provide a disposable face covering for anyone who arrives without, price £1.)
- Please arrive in good time, to minimise queuing outside the church; you will be shown to a seat by one of the stewards. (if the steward is
busy showing someone else to a seat, please wait your turn to be shown to a seat).
- Enter by the main double door. A one-way system will be in place in church. You will be shown to your seat by going towards
the altar down the central aisle.
- Due to social distancing requirements, there is a reduced capacity (Please note that a married couple or family group count as one,
and should sit together).
- Offertory collections: a collection bag or basket will be in the narthex so you can leave your offerings as you enter the church. (The
offertory collection will not be taken up during the Mass).
- Holy Water stoups are empty.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry.
- There will be no congregational singing, and no singing by groups/choirs.
- Cards with the order of Holy Mass will not be provided. People are encouraged to bring their own Missals/ipads/tablets to follow the order of
Mass and the readings. Any printed newsletters should be taken home because they cannot be re-used.
- Holy Communion will be distributed after Holy Mass has been completed. Stewards will direct individuals to Holy Communion, and sanitise hands.
People should queue for Holy Communion in a socially distanced manner, approaching the Altar along the central aisle and in single file.
- Face coverings/masks should be removed to receive Holy Communion and then replaced immediately.
- Only the priest will distribute Holy Communion.
- People should then proceed down the side aisles, and leave via the side doors from the narthex.
- Livestreaming will continue for the benefit of the housebound, and those who must continue to shield.
- There will be no lavatory facilities available
- Churches must be sanitised after each celebration of Holy Mass.
All other gatherings such as choir practice remain cancelled.
For details of Catechesis for First Holy Communion and Confirmation, please
see the letter from Fr. Goodman.
Please pass on this information to any friends you know who have no access to the internet.
Let us pray for one another in this difficult and distressing time. Please pray particularly
for those who are going to be lonely and isolated at this time.
God bless you,
Parish Priest, Corpus Christi and Our Lady’s